Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: European technology (WAS: It's official, the last 999 LEICA M6 TTL)
From: "Beddoe, Neil" <nbeddoe@lehman.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:19:58 -0000

My car history:

5 GM made in Germany and Spain - no problems
1 Porsche made in Germany - no problems
2 Hondas - 1 largely made in the US - unbreakable and unburstable
1 Citroen - made in France - I gave it back with 110,000 miles on the clock
- - no problems
1 Ford  - made in hell by vicious demons - AAAAAARGH

Highly unrepresentative, unscientific and with no value whatsoever but then
so was your assertion that there's a big problem with French cars.  My
father in law has been trying to kill the clutch on his Peugeot for four
years but it refuses to give up and die.

Don't even get me started on Nikon's QA for AF lens manufacture.

Neil