Subject: [Leica] I eat crow
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:38:19 -0800

I retract my questioning of Martin Tai's calculation.  I was thinking
in terms of the image space instead of the object space.  While
mulling over this while eating breakfast, I realized my error.  I
calculated the correction assuming that the 50mm lens is a thin lens
since I don't know the distance between the image and object
principal planes of a Leica 50mm Summitar, e.g.  I came up with a
setting of 94.61 cm, which is pretty close to Martin Tai's 94.7.

Herb