Subject: [Leica] OT: Inkjet printing
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:41:58 +0100 (MET)

Ok, I know this is old hat to most of you.

I usually don't take color (but am doing so more and more due to
commercial considerations).

I'm scanning in a bunch of portraits I took in Zimbabwe in August. I tried
to get them printed up, but the lab couldn't deliver in time. So, I
thought, I'll print them myself.

I hadn't really done this before. I have a cheap Minolta Dimage Scan Dual
II here at home and a HP 920 printer. Nothing special.

After seeing the first results (15 or so portraits) all I can say is
"Wow". I really like that.

It's convinced me to pick up the Epson, top of the line, when I get back.
I will rarely need a lab print again after that. (I have a good Nikon
Scanner at work).

A "boyish" ... neat! But, as I said, old hat to most of you.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from "Simon Greenwood" <mail@simon.gs> (Re: [Leica] OT: Inkjet printing)