Subject: RE: [Leica] Voigtlander 21 vs. Leica 21 ASPH
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:31:46 -0500

I think the question is here is how much use you are going to give the
21, and how important lack of distortion, lack of vignetting, and
overall sharpness are to you. I had the pre-asph 21 and considered it
terrific - until I got the ASPH. On the other hand, all reports are that
the C/V 21 is more than capable. So if the speed difference isn't
important to you - it is very important for me - and you will be using
the lens occasionally for your personal shooting, I'd say save the
money. All the C/Vs, btw, are very well built - but nothing is built
like Leica lenses.

B. D.