Subject: Re: [Leica] As The World Turns In A Monkey's Fist
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 08:32:06 -0800

Buzz Hausner wrote:

> ...well, Ted, I was once photographing a troop of colobus monkeys at
> close range in Africa.  When colobus monkeys feel threatened they are
> deadly accurate throwing their fresh feces.  My 90mm-C cleaned up
> nicely, though.<<<<

Hi Buzz,
That's close to the cow adventure of mine a couple years ago as you and some
LUG members will re-call. ;-) Not a pleasant adventure to say the least. One
doesn't want to stand in the sun very long after being hit. ;-)

Imagined or not, even though we cleaned the gear well, I swear on some days
when I'm working in the heat of the day, I can still smell that damn cow and
her letting loose on me and Noctilux / M6! ;-) Not an adventure to
experience a second time. I imagine the monkey feces would be of the same
caliber. :-)  whew don't stand by me! ;-)

Yep, me too. We should have the Boston shoot time set next week on the 15th
or 16th, then it'll be Leica's away and loaded for Beth and the other women
doctors. ;-)

ted