Subject: Re: [Leica] Hipshot Street Project
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:06:59 -0500

On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 12:46 PM, Patrick Jelliffe wrote:

> While I applaud the idea behind the project, it would
> be nice to see more thoughtful composition and some
> basic culling.  This seems to be a perfect use for a
> digital camera.  I'd like to see the edited 10.

The idea was to remove 'thoughtful composition' so that the choice of
composition came down to the editor not the photographer. 'basic
culling' is simply editing, which is what this about. some of the edits
that have already come in include pictures I personally would have
culled on the first pass.

I am not trying to encourage everyone to take up hipshooting, nor have
I forsaken the viewfinder. It's an experiment.

An edit of zero pictures, if you have honestly looked at them all and
can find nothing interesting, is a perfectly valid edit.

- --
John Brownlow

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Hipshot Street Project)