Subject: RE: [Leica] M motor drive/winder/RabidWinder
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:37:29 -0800

At 4:30 PM -0500 1/9/03, Skip Williams wrote:
>I don't know about 1972, but the Olympus OM-2 had an
>electro-controlled, horizontal, cloth shutter in 1975, although it
>still retained the moving needle finder readout.  The LED's had yet
>to hit the scene, which came somewhere around 1978 when the Canon
>A-1 was introduced.
>
>Skip

The Pentax Electro Spotmatic (Japan only) came out in 1971, and was,
I believe, the first mass produced, aperture preferred,
electronically controlled shutter auto-exposure SLR. It was sold as
the ES shortly after (same year) in the rest of the world. It had a
needle for the speed readout. It cost about $500 for the body, or
slightly more than the M4's I bought around then.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com