Subject: Re: [Leica] What the LUG really wants for x-mas
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 08:23:11 +0100

> The camera would be digital, utilizing a 24x36mm, full-frame, low noise
> image sensor capable of producing 11MB output files.
<snip>
Why aim low and not plan on using 200(?) state of the art sensors
Some of you might know better then me what the time periods are but
i seem to remember an order of magnitude every 6 years.
so commercially vendors offer a big improvement roughly every year
for instance holographic storage will be there in a few years
lets say a few terrabytes in a sugar cube initially.
wonder what the 2005 ixus will be like.
simon j