Subject: Re: [Leica] Constructive Criticism
From: "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 21:09:21 -0600

There is what I feel a clear line between useful criticism and public
ridicule. Recognizing that line is not that difficult. I had a coach in
high school who regularly mentored some students by calling them "faggot".
I felt that this was public ridicule. If you cannot critique other people's
work without getting into this sort of sewer, then it might be best to keep
your mentoring to yourself. I can tell the difference, and so can anyone
else. It takes an additional 10 seconds of thinking to make a criticism
useful. I suggest that we all use those 10 seconds.

Jeffery