Subject: Re: [Leica] Why fashion photography sucks--The Liberal hour
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 21:55:35 -0800

Patrick Jelliffe:Why fashion photography sucks--The Liberal hour

> Ted, I thought we were having an intersting debate
> about the use of the medium, its implications and
> effect upon people's lives. No one has to read the postings if they don't
like the
> thread. The other hot topic in the last few days was leica meters.<<<<

Patrick lad,
Yer right, but what happens is the subject becomes mired in fashion with
absolutely nothing to do with taking pictures with and using Leica gear. Yes
the fashion thing was interesting.... for about ten posts, if that many.
But no matter how interesting, it has absolutely diddly to do with shooting
any kind of pictures or assignments or talking about people directly
involved with using the Leica. Even with Leica gear.

Fashion is fine, I've shot the stuff on direct assignment, and yes with
Leica's. But it's still hardly worth a half dozen days of near constant
posts. Particularly when it has no relevance to camera gear. And if people
find it an interesting topic and wish to carry on , why that's fine, no
problem. But then it should be moved to the LUGforum where it could go on
for weeks and every one would be happy. It's out of the face of those who
wish to converse about cameras and how to use certain types of lenses and
the fashion folks can do their thing to their hearts content.

And yes I could just delete, which I did a great number when I found it
becoming boring and not of photographic interest. But that shouldn't be
necessary after a few days when it's obvious it's a popular topic, but of no
Leica content. It should be automatically moved to the LUG Forum where it
would still have the same attention and enjoyment for those wishing to talk
fashion.

And in that "fashion" ;-) all parties would be served well on all fronts.
Ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant