Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW - I am taking the plunge
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 19:55:36 -0800

David Mason wrote and showed:

> OK, here goes - I am taking the plunge and doing a PAW this year.
>
> I don't know if this is cheating or not (bad way to start huh?) but
> these photos were taking on Christmas - but I worked on processing, etc
> in the first week of the year and its as much a part of the photo as
> shooting... right?
>  At any rate the year's first image is here:
>  http://www.dmason.net/PAW/week1/xmas-mom.html

Hi Dave,
The exposure looks OK, but the point of focus isn't right on her glasses and
the shot, no matter how well composed or printed or scanned, isn't as sharp
as it needs to be. Particularly when it's a subject wearing glasses.

If the shot is sharp, my apologizes, as it's then my glasses, eyes or
computer. But as I see it on the screen it misses due to the focus point or
lack of depth of field.
ted