Subject: [Leica] re OT Browsers Problem - IE6 vs Win98
From: "David M. Dorn" <dmdorn.ct@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 19:18:57 -0500

I recently came to the conclusion that Win98 does not like IE6.
Microsoft has announced they are no longer supporting Win98.  My guess
is that as they make changes in IE6 they are not too worried about
conflicts in Win98.   Just one more way for Bill Gates and company to
shake the money tree.

My Win 98 system became so buggy over the last 6 months that I replaced
it with the cheapest Dell I could get.  I do all my graphics works on a
MacG4.  The PC is just used for those thing where no comparable Mac
software is available....mostly astronomy software.

Before you give up you should try increasing you memory to at least
256megs.   I find that IE6 runs fine on the Dell under WinXP with
256megs and XP is supposed to be a real memory hog.

Regards

David M. Dorn