Subject: Re: [Leica] Birding spot
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:51:21 -0800

on 12/30/02 6:53 PM, Roland Smith at roland@dnai.com wrote:

> Hello Doug:
>
> I seem to be seeing more hawks in the neighborhoods around Highway 13 here
> in Oakland.
>
> Do you have an explanation for these more frequent sightings?
>
> Roland Smith
> Oakland, California

That area's always been good for red-tails and kestrels.  I imagine with all
the big eucalyptus trees there are a fair number of cooper's hawk too.  I
think there are more in the area in the winter.  The red-tails and cooper's
hawks will disperse northward in the spring.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Birding spot)