Subject: RE: [Leica] Way Off Topic Hasselblad Xpan Camera
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 14:06:15 +1100

I wrote a "comprehensive" review of the X-pan when I first got one. I
did not have and have not used the 30mm lens, and for me the addition
of the 90 made the system far more useful. My one BIG complaint
remains the lens mount: it cannot have been "impossible" to have made
it with an M mount, but only "allow" the Panoramic format via some
electronic wizardary, and then the camera would have been an ideal
"electronic" M, could have been part of my travel kit etc etc. I
think I stand by my comments ;-) I will soon have a dedicated holder
for the enlarger, I never really had any problem scanning with a 35mm
scanner and putting the two scans together. Nice camera, needed more
versatility for mine.

for the "old" review, I have put it up on the web again

http://stairfirkin.com/xpan/usingXpan.html

Cheers

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Way Off Topic Hasselblad Xpan Camera)