Subject: RE: [Leica] Photo books under the tree?
From: "Bernard Degaute" <bernard.degaute@skynet.be>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 18:11:30 +0100

>BTW, I find it very hard to think of examples of really good, world class
>photographers (be it photojournalism, landscape, art photography or
>whatever), who's writing carries the same magic as their photography (and
>vice versa). They may be good writers, but it isn't as good as their
>photography is.

>Pick whichever photographer or writers you like - Penn, Eggleston, HCB,
>Koudleka, Haas, Evans, Adams.. etc etc. None of them can write like they
can
>photograph.

>I'm closed to convinced that both skills in equal levels are almost never
>found together

I agree - I found "Lucien Hervé - L'homme construit" - architectural
photographs with TL Rollei by the favourite photographer of Le Corbusier,
plus an essay by Olivier Beer, poet and writer. You can't be disappointed.

Best wishes for the New Year to all LUG members and their family.

Bernard

bernard.degaute@skynet.be