Subject: Re: [Leica] i FINALLY found a pair of farking doc martens at the thrift store....
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 10:55:22 -0800

Kyle Cassidy wrote:

> okay, truth be told, i find dr. martens at the thrift store ALL THE TIME but
> they're always three sizes too small. but finally, after years of waiting, i
> am rewarded for my perseverence...
>
>  http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/temp/day2/DSC_4631.html
>
> and let me also share some lovely leica shots from the arab world:
>
>  http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/travel/egypt-11-2001/index.html

I've got new footwear too this month too, Kyle! A lifestyle change for
me. A pair of black size 46 Dansko, made in Denmark clogs. I've worn
them all month with sport jackets and sweaters and ties.

They are my clomper stompers. I use them as slippers as well after
wearing them all day. You just slip your feet right into them without
having to even lean over.

There is something strangely satisfying about this design which goes
back hundreds of years (just like the Leica).

I may deside I'm going to wear just them for now on. Get a pair of brown
ones today.

I wonder how good they are for parachuting?

Possible chance of spraining ones ankle?

Oh and it adds an inch to you so I'm 5' 11" now although i sit to type.

And they cost new about a hundred bucks. They last a lifetime or two or three.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com