Subject: [Leica] A Winter Scene in Louisiana
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 08:59:05 -0600

Today, a scene from along the banks of the Cane River in Natchitoches.  The
corn is harvested, the pecans are all in.  We made it through a wet fall
with a couple of hurricanes, and while the cotton crop suffered, it was not
destroyed.

This abstract winter landscape  seems to capture Cane River Country at rest
for the winter.

http://www.sonc.com/50/cornfield_skies.htm

I have not posted any Christmas pictures  from this lovely  town from this
year.  If you're eager for that, you might go to the end of my last year's
paw project at  http://www.sonc.com/paw/ .  I have some, but wow, so much
going on here with the beginning of the celebration of the Bicentennial of
the Louisiana Purchase.   More on that later.

I do not often enough get the chance to comment  on postings from other
photographers, but rest assured, I try to look at them all.  Your work makes
me marvel, and forces me out there to work at this wonderful craft.  Thank
you for sharing your work with me.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy holiday season.

Regards,

SonC  (Sonny Carter)
http://www.sonc.com