Subject: Re: [Leica] picture question OT
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 06:18:56 -0800

Bill asked:
> Is there any safe way to remove a photograph when it is stuck to glass?
Have
> several photos with broken glass.
>
> got this question from a friend today, figure someone on this powerful
list
> must have the answer.<<<

Hi Bill,

A back-up before anything starts!!!

In the event the water treatment may become a disaster and the print isn't
huge, I'd make a flatbed scan glass and all before attempting any wetting of
glass and print.

Then at least there is a copy of some sort and all will not be lost in the
event of any type of screw-up. Just make sure the glass is clean before
placing face down in the scanner and try to squeeze the max quality during
the scan.  If your friend doesn't have a flat bed scanner I'm sure there are
places who do it commercially.

Once it's scanned any marks or effects from the cracked glass can be
PShopped 'd out and might well make the print look better than the original.

just a suggestion,
ted