Subject: [Leica] kid's birthday party - noctilux
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 23:53:24 -0500 (EST)

i've been shamefully behind scanning images.  i took my wife's old macintosh
i used to use as my "image processing station" all apart to install
osx 10.2 and put in a 120 G drive and CDRW and USB card, and moved my
film scanner to my little linux laptop and built a version of gimp that could
do unsharp masking with radius less than a pixel, like photoshop can.
i think i am back up and running now.

anyway, a friend from work invited me and the kids to her daughter
reagan's birthday, held at _the little gym_.  i brought an
noctiluxed m6 along loaded with neopan 1600.  i left my other gear
at home for a change, so i just had the 50 with me.  most shots were
taken wide-open,  some of the group shots were at f4.

http://www.shinozuka-family.com/reagan02/

it's pretty much the whole set of images without editing, for the
benefit of my friend.  i like #'s 1, 8, 16, 17 best.

NOTE: this roll was at the top of a stack of 7 reels i was developing at the
same time (xtol 1+3 by inversion in a jobo tank with 2 extensions), and
some of the images got streaky from the polar momentum or something, most
visibly in #18.  i'll limit myself to 4-5 rolls at a time in the future
and not procrastinate so much about developing and scanning. :-)

- -rei

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey