Subject: RE: [Leica] Don't be so harsh on Sal -
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:22:08 -0500

> So, if you can run a greasy-joint in Austin or a picture bureau ... you
> can run Leica :)
>
> They're just trying to get by. Who isn't?

Daniel,

I have had experience running a few reasonable sized organization (one as
large as Leica, if not larger, and the others probably smaller), and I can
assure you, Leica is far more difficult to run than a greasy joint in Austin
(Texas that is), or "a" picture bureau (there are some large ones of these,
but it's a different fish).  Leica has design, manufacturing, distribution,
service, marketing...it's more than just three guys, a web site and a
telephone.  No, they are not the size of Nikon, but that doesn't mean it's a
"piece of cake" to run, and it certainly doesn't compare to a burger
flipping joint.

Austin