Subject: [Leica] OT: why the Leica price increase?
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:43:31 EST

I don't work for Leica, so I'm not sure why the prices are going up...but
many people have asked me about what I said.

What I did say is that indeed on many Leica products, the prices are going up
Jan 1st.

While I don't have an answer as to why, I thought about it a little, and
these are some other things that went up this year that I also don't REALLY
know why they went up:

1) NYC Real Estate Tax -- Up 18%! Biggest one year jump in history. 911?
Maybe.
2) stamps - up to 37c, Wasn't the PO braging about a surplus a year ago?
3) gas- regional, but I hear that it went down in the rest of the country
4) UPS - also raising their prices by 3-4% in Jan. = more expensive cameras
btw.
5) subway- I hear it will go up this year. Usually tolls go up around the
same time I notice.
6) Luigi's leather cases- yep, he is raising the prices
7) B&W development costs at a few local labs (not color though)
8) Pizza !?!
9) some types of memory chips - including CF memory in the past 3 weeks.
10) some Hasselblad, Nikon, Canon, Mamiya, Linhof and photo book prices...

I'm sure you all have your own list based on your local economy, but it seems
that a lot of prices are going up this year...

See you all at the Leica-corral! ;-)

cheers,
Rich

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] OT: why the Leica price increase?)