Subject: Re. [Leica] Visit to the Mecca of fashion
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:11:16 -0500

John,

What a great time you had! And a great place for watching people. Around
here, if you find that many people on the street, it must be a fire drill.
My favorites are:

http://staff.bath.ac.uk/bssjrb/Photographic/milano/02-35-02.htm

Looks like they are being attacked by some horrible little three legged
creature about to vomit a death ray. Fantastic.

http://staff.bath.ac.uk/bssjrb/Photographic/milano/02-37-32.htm

Could be seen a couple ways. He is isolated from the crowd - in fact almost
looks like his image is superimposed on the background. His expression
could be destain, worry or lost in thoughts a world away.

http://staff.bath.ac.uk/bssjrb/Photographic/milano/02-35-28.htm

This is a nice contrast between different stages of sight seeing - come see
this vs. give me break. Just misses graphic Nirvana by the intersection of
the feet with the heads. That's a neat coincidence, but for me it would
have been better if there was space between the bottom plane of the picture
and the top. You are not seven feet tall? Well, hold that camera above your
head, then. Don't have to be looking through it all the time.

Anyway, thanks for sharing those fun photos.

Best wishes,

Carl