Subject: [Leica] Digital versus film
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 05:40:58 -0800

Having shared the comments of Reichmann and Morris, I want to add my own
current conclusion about d vs f.

I can't imagine any digital substitute for M photography. If Leica ever
makes a digital M, I'll probably try to get together the $. Until then,
I'll use an M for its various charms -- size, feel, quietness, glass.

I love using an R8's. I mean I LOVE using them! And I have an investment
in Leica glass; but in the next year, I intend to give serious
consideration to (i.e. borrow) a Canon digital body and two zoom lenses
28-70, 70-200 IS. I want to know how they feel. I want to try auto focus
& IS. I also want to work with digital images from scratch. Right now I
have most of my best images scanned -- slides or negs. I'm pretty good
at Photoshop. I love its flexibility and don't miss chemicals. I also
hate thinking about film and processing costs when I photograph people
or wildlife which is mostly what I do. So, what I most want for
Christmas is a Leica/Panasonic commitment to a digital SLR body. . .
Along with a peaceful new year.

Best holiday wishes to the LUG,

- --Gib

Replies: Reply from "Brent Dorsett" <brentd@nyct.net> (Re: [Leica] Digital versus film)