Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 50 some alternatives
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 16:06:03 +0100 (MET)

Thanks Don. I'm going to try and print it up carefully in the lab over the
holidays. Maybe I can get the separation you are looking for (I would like
to see it myself). All of these have been scanned from the negative using
the Epson 2450. It turns out that when I told Vuescan I switched scanners,
it loaded in some paramters from my former session with the 2450 but not
all of them. So even though I said it was "b/w negative" the color profile
was still set for Kodak Supra. So the scans look a little toned. I decided
to keep it that way for now to see if I like it or not.

I've only pushed Neopan 400 in 120 format so far. I have a good stock of
Neopan 1600 for 35mm so I don't need to do it there.

I like it. I used the times for Xtol staight off of the datasheet, 1:2.
(Kodak's German site still has the PDF with all the original times and
dilutions ... whereas Kodak doesn't really recommend anything beyond 1:1
anymore).

I don't know if it is Neopan or Xtol, but together I think they make a
good combination. I'm going to try some more.

Thanks for your comments, Don

All the best,
Daniel