Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 Exposure
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 21:01:12 +0100 (MET)

In theory, all that is true about average scenes and all. But in practice,
autoexposure is a blessing. The Nikon F3 has a limited (12 degree)
metering area, something like a wide spotmeter, but still ... it works
just fine. Maybe you learn to find your spot and lock on, but it goes a
lot faster than twiddling dials. And despite all the caveats ... it simply
works. Time and time again.

So I agree with Ted, a few messages back. AE is just dandy.

This from someone who doesn't even have a meter in any of his Leicas (just
worked out that way, no principles involved).

Daniel