Subject: Re: [Leica]WTB Lens for R3
From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@turbonet.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:49:35 -0800

Geir:

Most Leica R lenses can be modified from two-cam to three cam.  Here is a
link to a good source on cams:

http://nemeng.com/leica/001c.shtml

As an alternative, you could use Tamron Adaptall lenses.  The current mount
is marked "R4", but should work fine on the R3~R7.  Some list members have
reported that the Tamrons sometimes do not work 100% correctly with the R8.
I have a Tamron Adaptall for the R series that I'm not using.  You could
contact me off-list, and I'd sell it to you for what I have into it.

I noticed that the "E-Place" has some current listings for Vivitar lenses
for the SL.  I don't know if they offered lenses for the R series, or if the
Vivitar lenses have three cams.  They used to make lens in a "T4" or "TX"
mount, but I think they lost out to Tamron in the interchangeable mount
game. A dealer is also constantly flogging a 500 mm f/8 Samyang in Leica.  I
have no idea if it is any good though.

However, why shoot Leica, if not to shoot Leica glass?

Bill Stanke