Subject: Re: [Leica] Do I need a 'slim' filter for a 24mm elmarit?
From: "Douglas Herr"<telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:40:55 -0800

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:29:12 -0500 eric korenman <leica_korenman@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> >Damn waste of money each and everytime! I mean
> think
> >about it. Do you go around banging the front
> element on things withouta
> >filter?
>

> uhh - yes!
> thats why I buy filters...

The UV filter is nessesarily a bigger target than the front element, and if it
were to break from something hitting it, even if the projectile would not have
hit the front element, shards of broken glass will be launched toward your
front element.  Think about it... protective goggles are not made from UV
filter glass.

Doug Herr<BR>Birdman of Sacramento<BR>http://www.wildlightphoto.com