Subject: Re: [Leica] Steve Unsworth PAW week 49
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 20:35:31 -0800

Steve Unsworth PAW week 49....

 > Week 49 main is at...
> http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/PAW/week_49.htm<<<<

Hi Steve,

A fine night picture. I love this kind of shooting as it's so different from
the every day sunlight stuff and when they work, as this one does, they
really work for impact, interest and camera handling.

There's a kind of old world look and as though taken years ago when we see
some of those early evening photographs from New York and Europe in the rain
or snow.

But what's really cool is, the light reflections make it almost a piece of
cake to shoot, simply because the lights reflected in the rain soaked street
create light magic because every light increases by one!  On a dry evening
there  the lights are a kind of hot spot on the pavement, but there isn't
the same increase of light level due to the lack of reflections.

Unfortunately, photographers have an aversion to shoot under this type of
weather condition because they may get their beloved Leica wet! ;-) That's
their loss of shooting some fine photographs certainly from what you
produced here. Good on you, a fine photograph.

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Steve Unsworth PAW week 49)