Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V23 #300
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 12:38:33 -0500

I've never been able to tell the difference between Arista 400 and
Ilford HP5+, although lately I've been buying the Ilford because its
easier to pop into B & H and buy Ilford instead of using mailorder
and the price difference is very small. FWIW I'm also VERY fond of
Efke 25--less so of Efke 100 (which is what comes in 127) but I'd
hardly describe it as hideous. I guess there's no accounting for
taste:-)

Bob Marvin

At 9:18 AM -0800 12/9/02, Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:
>That's too bad, as Efke is a hideous film. It's right there next to
>Freestyle's Arista. My first semester students can even tell the
>difference between those films and first quality films.
>Oh, well! It was just a thought. I always get tempted when I see those
Baby Rollei up for sale. I guess I better keep my money in my pocket.