Subject: Re: [Leica] Is this believable?
From: Bryan Caldwell <bcaldwell51@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 17:24:07 +0900

Adam,

As I explained in an earlier posting, Miranda warnings are not a
prerequisite to an arrest. Many arrests are conducted without giving Miranda
warnings. Miranda warnings must be given prior to any questioning of an
in-custody suspect before any statements that are the result of that
questioning can be used against the suspect (subject to numerous
exceptions).

Bryan