Subject: Re: [Leica] Q: Who's the lucky one ?
From: Wade Heninger <heninger@adobe.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 10:11:24 -0800

At 05:05 PM 12/7/2002 +0300, Bee Flowers wrote:
>The Moscow subway is clearly the most beautiful such thing in the world,
>being nothing less than a network of underground palaces. For the first
>time, you can see all of the Stalin-era stations online in 450
>high-quality photos, nifty panoramas and very cool QTVR's.
>
>http://www.beeflowers.com/Metro/START.htm
>
>A: You are.

Indeed. I find much of interest here and the user of brilliant color
(digital, one would assume) really makes for a vivid reproduction of some
beautiful public works.   What I think works best are the panos, which are
just awe inspiring (much thanks to Brownlow for pushing this form of scene
presentation).

That said, I can't help but feel that the beauty of the artifacts you
photograph outweigh your interpretation of them.  I have not browsed all
stations (oh time!) but what I have reinforces this.

These types of pictures, especially architectural themes, generally get the
better of me as well. I stand straight on, shoot and am surprised when it
looks like someone standing straight on shooting pictures.

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
i n t e r a c t i o n  d e s i g n
a d o b e  s y s t e m s ,  i n c .