Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica spotted in Magazine Now bashing Adams Photographers
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 08:34:24 -0500

tim - you're correct about Moonrise - it is the most financially
successful print of AA.  It was a grab shot with literally a minute or
two to spare.  The story goes that AA had only one plate left to shoot
with, didn't have his light meter handy and based on his knowledge of
all things Zone knew how to expose for the moon and hence the exposure
was made - it is also true that the negative requires all that the
darkroom person has to give in order to get the print that we know as
moonrise - sort of negating the concept that his exposure was dead on.

while we are on the OT topic of bashing photogs named adams ( could be
a new web site but who has the time!) anyone have an opinion about
robert Adams the landscape photog - i initially got interested in him
because of a few good photos taken in and around the area that i lived
in as a child.  After that everything else I've seen of his appears to
be crap.  " thats just my opinion I could be wrong" - anyone else wish
to take the bait?

ernie nitka