Subject: Re: [Leica] Bryan Adams / Ansel Adams
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 21:07:14 -0800

Tim Atherton wrote:

> He reminds me of Roberta Bondar - "I've been to space on a rocket. Now,
give
> me a Hassleblad and a 1/2 million dollars and I'll take a book full of
> mediocre landscape photographs to promote Canadian unity..." yeah,
right.<<<<

For the uninformed:  Roberta Bondar.........

Roberta Bondar is one of Canada's astronaughts who received a 1/2 million
dollars to shoot a book of landscapes only because she was an astronaught as
it sure as hell had nothing to do with her so called ability as a
photographer!

I never can understand why "personalities" get the money they do to produce
mediocre crap only because they're so called personalities. Yep she's an
astronaught, Bryan Adman's is a guitar plucker of some ability, but these
people are personalities in their own filed and it would be great if they
just stayed where they do very well.

Imagine if I were an extremely talented photographer do you think because of
that I can get a half million to go on a space craft to the moon?  Or given
a guitar to play ?
ted

Replies: Reply from "Stuart Phillips" <stuart.phillips@rcn.com> (Re: [Leica] Bryan Adams / Ansel Adams)