Subject: [Leica] Re: RF vs Reflex
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:03:15 -0500

Fellow Luggers,
    In an earleir posting Martin Howard said, "Real men shoot with a
Visoflex." While, I think he was trying to be humorous, it was this type of
thinking at E. Leitz GMBH in the mid 1950's which prevented the development
of a Leica single lens reflex camera, until Nikon had control of the market.
Leica could have kept it's share of the market if they had an SLR ten years
earlier.
    Lastly, I know the R3 was a modified Minolta XG7 or 9. Could someone
point out to me what Minolta model the R4 thru R7s are based on. I thought
Minolta only supplied the body castings for the R4 thru R7s.
Happy Snaps and Merry Christmas,
Sal

Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA