Subject: Re: [Leica] 28mm frame in M4
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:09:34 -0500

At 01:50 PM 12/3/02 -0800, Martin Howard wrote:

>The thing I love more than anything else about the M2 (apart from it
>being the ultimate M camera) is that the 35mm frame line is by itself.
>In fact, all the framelines are separate, so you never get that
>"clutter" you get in the other M3.  Since I shoot a lot with the 35mm,
>having that (without the 135 or whatever it is) by itself makes the M2
>VF rule IMNSHO.  I could imagine doing to opposite: sticking M2 VFs in
>M4-Ps, just to get the uncluttered view.

Martin

In the M3, you get 50mm, 90mm, and 135mm framelines, all solo players.  In
the M2, you get 35mm, 50mm, and 90mm, again, all solo players.  It isn't
until the M4 that the VF really starts getting "cluttered".

Of course, if you want a REALLY uncluttered view, check out the M1 or MDa.
Now, THOSE guys give you a marvelously clear 1:1 view suitable both for
those of us who wear glasses and those who don't.

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com> (Re: [Leica] 28mm frame in M4)