Subject: [Leica] Monkey Business??
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:45:36 -0500

 Steve, BD, folks -
    Just to chime in -- the Zen thing and al can get one thinking -- Is good
writing de-valued because of the "Monkey - Shakespeare" theory? You know, a
monkey in a room with a typewriter (remember those :-) ?) will eventually
crank out the complete works of said Author if given enough time? Is it
easier to create a truly "Great" (whatever that is!) photograph, than a
truly "Great" drawing/painting, which would be infinitely easier than
writing a truly "Great" novel or play? Someone needs to do a Philosophy
dissertation!
    EC