Subject: RE: [Leica] What Makes a good Picture?
From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:33:49 -0700

BD...
Your accurate point raises for me the question... why are photos so
often undervalued, and beyond this... what will be  the impact of the
digital  camera image on this devaluation.  I have a concern that the
value of a fine photograph may be further undermined by the
attractiveness of the digital  process, whereby you can shoot away
and immediately discard the vast  majority of the images.
Perhaps unfair, but an valid analogy nonetheless... is the vision of
the blind  person swinging a butterfly net. If you swing it long
enough....

you get the idea.

Seems to me it can seriously devalue the process, even for the
photgrapher....Steve