Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Minox 35
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 10:05:36 -0500

> Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:19:44 -0800 (PST)
> From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Leica] OT - Minox 35
> A friend of mine show me a Minox GTE and some enlarged
> prints. The pictures are stunningly sharp and color
> saturations are to my eyes comparable to my Leica
> shots.
>
> Anybody have experience with these little Minox ?
> It seems to me to be the perfect pocket camera.

Henry,

I shot with a Minox 35 for a while.  I did like the lens very much, but the camera was extremely unreliable, so I finally gave it to a friend.  I'm fond of the Rollei 35SE and my current two "take everywhere" pocketable cameras, the
Olympus XA with a 35mm f2.8 lens and coupled rangefinder, and the Olympus XA-4 with a 28mm f3.5.  Both are almost as light and compact as the Minox, but have been far more reliable.

Mark