Subject: Re: [Leica] Time-line: focal length in centimeters versus millimeters on projection lenses, Epidiaskop IIIs
From: "Willem-Jan Markerink" <w.j.markerink@a1.nl>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 19:48:29 +0100

On 30 Nov 2002 at 11:29, Christer Almqvist wrote:

> >Hi Willem,
> >
> >I am surprised nobody has asked this obvious question: what are you
> >going to do with it ???
> >
> >Nathan
>
> .... and where is he going to put it?
> .... and what did his wife say, and what did she think?

Your first question ought to be:
"Are you married?"

;))

As to where I put it: my first task will be to fabricate a second set
of wheels, for steering front and rear....right now they are rigid
(in both direction and material), and only with blunt force can you
alter the course of this dinosaur....8-))
(with a spine-aching rattling sounds of all metal panels....not good
for the lamp filaments either....need cushioned wheels, with a second
solid-stand stationairy/lift mechanism....gotta do some research on
that)

(of course, the original rigid concept makes sense in a projection
chamber, where you want to cart the damn thing out of the way
frequently, if only for opening front or rear door, for changing
lamps....although it seems the 3 units at the University of Muenchen
were mounted solid....hence a logistical nightmare for anyone
interested in saving them from the crusher)

- --
Bye,

Willem-Jan Markerink

      The desire to understand