Subject: [Leica] Leica OTZFO* FS, $?
From: "John O. Newell" <jnewell@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:42:25 -0500

I have a Leica OTZFO* for sale, price TBD.  This is the
OTZFO with the tripod collar shown in volume II of Jim
Lager's books on page 48, labeled "OTZFO* | Ernst Leitz GmbH
Wetzlar Germany".  The silver chrome scalloped focusing ring
shows a few of the typical wear marks on high spots/ridges.
The black crinkle enamel on the tripod bracket has a
pin-prick bright spot through the enamel on the base and
some smooothing of the enamel on the edges.  The focusing
collar is smooth but firm and the bellows inside is good.  I
would rate it a solid Ex+ or better, many would probably
give it a Mint- .  I don't have pictures at this moment but
can furnish them if anyone is interested.  Price: I have no
idea.  The market price for OTZFOs in this condition seems
to be +/- $125 but they are common, while this is quite
rare.  Rather than put this on eBay I would prefer to get
the better-informed price feedback of this group, which is
another way of saying that if you are interested I would
invite you to make an offer.  I am committed to selling it
because I need to offset the price of another lens I bought
last week. ;-)

If you have never seen one of these, they are a pretty cool
item.  They are kind of the equivalent of the STA-1 bracket
for the 100 Apo-Macro, since they mount the lens itself
rather than the camera on a tripod or copy stand and allow
you to rotate the camera body 90 degrees on the center axis
of the lens.  I bought it thinking I would use it for
copying documents but never did.  (It was easier to rotate
the document than the camera.)

Separately (or together), I also have a parts-only OTZFO*.
This is another copy of the same item.  It was partly
disassembled but the tripod bracket and almost all other
parts are present and intact (and in Ex+ condition) except
that the focusing collar is NG.  Will sell separately or
with the other complete OTZFO*.

Contact me off-list at jnewell@attbi.com if interested.

John Newell