Subject: RE: [Leica] D100 photos
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:23:53 -0800

I have a 500-gm metal weight with a hole in the middle, and I can attach it to the tripod mount of any camera. I've never used it on my Leica, but I've used it often on my Canon T90 when I want to shoot at low shutter speeds. It makes the camera vibrate much less when the SLR mechanisms start moving and grinding and clunking.

I've seen, but never used, gyroscopic mounts that weigh about the same, but have a small motor-driven gyroscope in them to hold the camera more steady.

Replies: Reply from "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> (RE: [Leica] D100 photos)