Subject: RE: [Leica] D100 photos
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 07:31:36 -0800 (PST)

I admit discussions comparing bikes and cameras are
way off-topic, but if this tread is heading towards
that direction, you ought to understand cycling, and
there is a resemblance between manual Leicas and the
state-of-the-art digital cameras. Traditionally,
Italian bikes are all handmade and only until
recently, they stay away from any other frame material
other than traditional steel. Their bikes are crafted
by just a handful of craftsman. They are all
beautifully made with lugs. Also they are NOT heavy as
you stated. Their use of mostly butted "Columbus"
tubing and hanging top of the line Campagnolo
components, creating a bike that weighs no more than
18 pounds. The greatest cyclist of all times, Eddy
Merckx won quite a few Tour de France on Italian
DeRosa bikes. For the knowledgeable cyclist, these
bikes possess a magical ride that bikes build from all
the other exotic frames are still trying to duplicate.

Now let's all get back to Leicas and photography.