Subject: [Leica] RE: OT: JOBO
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:24:38 -0800

At 11:45 AM 11/28/2002 -0500, Austin Franklin wrote:

>My Jobo ATL-1500 gets drained after use, and re-filled at next use.

Ditto.

I have a big JOBO, an ATL-2400, and I drain it after each session. It never
remains "wet" from one day to the next.

To leave it wet for extended periods of time is a sure fire way to
cultivate various mold and mildew creatures.

The other bonus of leaving it dry between sessions is that, let's say you
want to process E6 at 100° F, you can fill the processor with 110° water
and it heats everything up (processor parts) and will settle in at around
100°. This way you aren't starting with water at room temperature and
trying to heat everything up to the desired temp. This might be OK for B&W,
but for color it is much easier to start with water hotter than the process
and let everything stabilize.

JOBO makes a processor clean product that will kill all of the growing
flora and fauna in the back corners of your processor.

But it is best to let your processor dry out between sessions.

Jim