Subject: Re: [Leica] EPSON 2200 PRINTER ?
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:49:09 -0500

Ted,

I'm really jealous, because I really want one.

I found this article very helpful.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/Epson2200.shtml

About half way down is a section on profiles and color management. It will
make things a lot easier if you do this setup. Not only does color come out
better, but so will B&W. It's valid for other Epson printers, too.

If you are using a PC, follow that link "mystery now solved." (That's what
I have, so if you need step-by-step, let me know.) That's how you get Epson
profiles for PC.

There are a lot of ways to handle color management, and it can get really
complicated, but if you just do the setup in Photoshop as they describe,
and set the printer for No Color Adjustment, you'll get pretty good results
and it's easy.

Another hint from reading that material: One user got better B&W if he used
the profiles, but set the driver to use Photorealistic mode.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/2200-bw.shtml

Haven't tried that yet, myself. Might be different for my 6 color job. That
does acceptable B&W on matte paper using just the standard color settings.
It was terrible before the profile was installed.

Best -

Carl

Replies: Reply from drb@MIT.EDU (Re: [Leica] EPSON 2200 PRINTER ?)