Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 47: I got my 21mm lens!
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 02:09:55 -0800

On Saturday, Nov 23, 2002, at 23:53 America/Los_Angeles, Nathan Wajsman
wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Do you mean there is a lot of flare? I did use the built-in shade, but
> of course with a 21mm lens the shade is by necessity skimpy. But I do
> not find that flare is a big problem with these images, even though I
> purposely challenged the lens with a lot of backlit shots.

Yeah (not sure if I was inadvertantly punning: someone else reacted to
what I wrote too) I thought that there was a lot of flare (in addition
to flaire ;)

Perhaps it's an artifact of scanning, but to my eyes, the contrast in
these shots looked reduced, as uncontrolled flare does.

M.