Subject: Re: [Leica] Using the meter in the M6
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 15:25:46 +0100

>I never liked dummy light meters. It's like the oil light in the car - you
>know it's either good or bad, but not how much. I'd prefer a row of leds or
>analog needle.

My car (Citroen C5 ) has a line of  five zeroes in the display to
show how much oil is in the car engine. When the oil level falls, one
or more of the zeroes change into -.
Now that you mention it, this is what I want in my M6. For the exposure level.

>I also have a bit of trouble with the large spot metering area on the M6. It
>changes with the lens (naturally) .

That depends on your definition. To me the area measured is always
the same irrespective of lens used because it is always the same
proportion of the negative, i.e. the 13% of the negativ closest to
the center.  Is 13% a large area? Probable for some but not for
everybody

Chris