Subject: [Leica] OT Brahms et al
From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:51:59 -0800

Felix wrote:
<snip>
"Beethoven was, after the first Wien school, Mozart and Haydn, one of
the main first romantic composers and Brahams may consider himself as a
to be on his trail."
<snip>
I don't mean to start a flame war on this delightful topic but IMHO the
Romantic composers begin with, say, Schubert who bridges the Classic and
Romantic styles. When I grew up in Vienna I was taught that Haydn,
Mozart, and Beethoven were THE classic composers. Of course that was a
long time ago, and musicologists (which I'm not) or music lovers (which
I am) may have as many opinions on this topic as Leicaphiles have on
lenses etc.
Oliver Bryk