Subject: Re: [Leica] quick,cheapie (home depot) lighting?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:09:11 -0800

Eric asked:
>> I have always shot with available light, hit or miss.
> I thought I would buy a flash for the job but I worry about blown out
> featureless faces from having the flash too close.<<<<

Eric,
Use what you've always used, available existing light.  I can't imagine
there isn't a near by window with nice soft light where you'll work with the
kind of light you're accustomed to, be far better and less stressful than
screwing around with a bunch of lighting gear you've never used before.

If you start panicking over using gear you haven't worked with you're going
to screw up, sure as heck. More so than doing what comes naturally, the
light you see by. And if  you do it the way you've always been doing it
you'll do just fine.

You see all the questions you've asked in an almost panic state?  No need to
ask them at all, just relax and go do your thing as you've done many times
before. Just meter carefully, then concentrate on the subject. :-)

have a good one and sleep tight to-night. :-)
ted

Replies: Reply from "faneuil" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] quick,cheapie (home depot) lighting?)