Subject: RE: [Leica] Problem with R4 Please advise!
From: "Douglas Herr"<telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 08:08:04 -0800

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 07:55:19 -0800 Randy Jensen <randy@jamzcheer.com> wrote:

> will this turn out to be a nightmare?

the variable delay isn't normal and can be fixed.  I had an R4sP that had been
serviced by an independant technician (who has since retired) and when it
returned from his service the camera's shutter lag was unacceptable.  The
repairman decided he didn't want to work on R4 bodies any more so he refunded
the cost of the repairs.  I then sent the camera to Leica USA for a CLA, and
it returned in perfect working condition.

Doug Herr<BR>Birdman of Sacramento<BR>http://www.wildlightphoto.com