Subject: Re: [Leica] which metx flash?
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:35:04 +0100

faneuil wrote:
> thinking of buying a shoe mounted metz flash for my M7.
> I need a tiltable/ bounceable model.
> which one do you all like?
>
> the sudden need? I have been asked to do a lot of quick indoor head shots.
> I don't trust my available light skills quite yet... These shots need to be
> spot-on.
> Should I think of going handle-mounted?

Eric,

The only flash 100% compatible (TTL + HSS) with the M7 is the Metz 54MZ-3.
<http://www.metz.de/1_metz_2000/m_pages_english/main_index_e.php3?link=4&sub=1&linkname=mecablitz>

If you want to use it handle-mounted, you will need a TTL cable.

The Nikon SC17 and the Contax TLA100 are compatible with the M7 and the
Metz.

Lucien